Are CRT FP adjustable?

N

nathan_silly

Since my CRT RP is limited on the adjustablity, I'm wondering if CRT FP's are similar, or have a better ability to adjust things?

Colour decoder, adjustable for each colour.
Individual CRT Gun saturation level
Individual CRT Gun tint level

Ta

The short answer is yes.
Most rear projection devices are very limited in the access to their contols, being based around a domestic chaisis. the major geometry settings will not need changing and these are factory set.
Most front projeection units are designed for profesional installation on many differnt screen sizes and positions so pretty much all of the controls are accessable from the menu. Because most of them were designed to display computor graphics the video decoders on many left something to be desired.

All data and graphic grade projectors should at least be fed with a line doubled image if you want to do them justice. This will by its nature by pass the decoder. So changes to tint and saturation are done externally.
I'f confused by needing to contol the individual CRT satuaration and tint. The CRT's are monochromatic one RED, one GREEN & one BLUE. You will have pretty much total contol over colour balance

Thanks for the info Roland. So if the front projector's colour decoder is out, this will be adjustable?

If this setting cannot be adjusted (like on my RP), would the settings on the EEPROM chip be incorrect and there's nothing you can do? :(

If you are using RGB in there is NO adjustment on colour decoder as it is not in use. In fact, often these devices don't have such a boirad fitted as they are expected to be used with external RGB sources.

The colour decoder would be in an external device and the chances are there would be no adjustment.

I have never seen a crt front projector that has colour decoder adjustment for the colour decoder board.

Gordon

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom