Are clothes under warranty ?

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do clothes have a warranty?

I'm a bit miffed.

I spent about £200 on a North face coat 10 months ago.

The zip bust completely today, almost splintered.

Is it now a glorified duster?

The all important question is, is the zip on the left or the right? :D

You probably would have some warranty (workmanship\material faults), just not insurance (accidental breakages), most likey no wear+tear cover;).

Damit, I don't have the receipt anymore. Bah!

Did you pay cash? :(

I honestly don't have a clue now, I bought it in October last year,
don't know whether it was card, debit or cash, or if it was a card
which it was.

Must pay more attention with crap like this, I'm anal about keeping
receipts and everything for most stuff, just didn't think about it for
clothing.

Just take it back to the shop anyway and try your luck. It may have been from a recent range meaning it can't be over a year old or whatever. I'd certainly give it a try and if the shop don't want to know, write to the manufacturer.

TheNorthFace are pretty good. Customer Service in the UK seems to be run by just one lady - sure it isn't but every time I have spoken\emailed them it has been the same lady who responded. But she is very good.

I got the laces in my approach shoes replaced (the plastic eyelets are small so normal boot laces won't work). They were about 2 years old and I argued that it was ridiculous that I had to throw away perfectly good shoes because the laces had worn. I was intending to buy them but she sent me two pairs free of charge.

Give them a call.

Cheers,

Nigel

TheNorthFace are pretty good. Customer Service in the UK seems to be run by just one lady - sure it isn't but every time I have spoken\emailed them it has been the same lady who responded. But she is very good.

I got the laces in my approach shoes replaced (the plastic eyelets are small so normal boot laces won't work). They were about 2 years old and I argued that it was ridiculous that I had to throw away perfectly good shoes because the laces had worn. I was intending to buy them but she sent me two pairs free of charge.

Give them a call.

Cheers,

Nigel

nigel, do you have the number?

Bump for Nigel, do you have that phone number for the helpful lady at NF UK ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom