Question Are Ceiling Speakers Just As Good As Wall Mounted? Surround Sound

eugegall

Novice Member
Hi All,

Currently getting to the sharp end of our new house build...Well we're actually building two.

I have two rooms that need audio. The main living room I am looking to have 7.1 surround sound however can this be with just ceiling speakers?

I need serious help with this lol.

DodgeTheViper

Hi All,

Currently getting to the sharp end of our new house build...Well we're actually building two.

I have two rooms that need audio. The main living room I am looking to have 7.1 surround sound however can this be with just ceiling speakers?

I need serious help with this lol.

Do you mean having all 7 speakers in the ceiling ?

DodgeTheViper

If there is someone standing in front of you and speaking to you, where is the sound coming from ?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Ceiling speakers are passable as rears (but still no as good as having speakers in the proper locations) but I would certainly not use them for the front 3 speakers. If you want hidden speakers then look for in wall speakers instead. Ceiling speakers should only really be used for Atmos speakers IMHO.

indus

Distinguished Member
As already stated you don't want your front 3 main channels to be in the ceiling, its a waste of time and money.

Since you are building a new house you have lots of options for concealing front wall mounted speakers.

Ceiling speakers are fine for background music though

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom