Are BT still offering retention deals

John

Reaction score
Got an acceptable one 18months ago , are they still calling up customers that cancel to tempt them to stay ?

wow , how quiet is it in this section :laugh:
I nearly anwered a post from October thinking it was this week
its only a hanful of threads down

Unless you use BT TV, I got fed up of the ridiculous BT prices, large discounts, and need to renegotiate every 12/18/24 months and just switched to Vodafone broadband. My parents moved a couple of years later after also getting fed up. So much simpler and easier knowing that you don't need to renegotiate everything every time BT decide to raise prices!

I have BTTV, only use it for the football. It's not case of negotiations, If they give me a price I am happy with, I'll stay. If not, I'm gone

Sorry, I usually browse this part of the forum but haven't looked in for a while.
I phoned BT in Feb to cancel when I realised I was at the end of my contract and could get a similar deal and BB speeds from Sky (as an existing Sky TV subscriber) for much cheaper.
They agreed to price match Sky and in fact gave me a slightly cheaper price along with double data and a price reduction on my BT Mobile phone plan.
I'm now on a 24 month plan and I have “Superfast Fibre Halo 1”
I pay the line rental up front which gives a further discount.

Probably way too late lol, but Plusnet emailed me to say my 18 month deal was coming to a end, and would be rising in price, but if I wanted to I could keep the same price as the discounted price if I agreed to a new 18 month deal, the first time in my life I’ve ever been offered that, I normally have to move provider.

I know it late but I have two broadband connection coming in my property from two different providers, my plusnet contract was running out and plusnet offered me same package am on for £25 a month normal broadband I believe it the 16meg download and unlimited anytime call for landline through email so I decided to call up and they gave me a good offer they offered me broadband and unlimited anytime package for £8 a month and I payed my line rental upfront saving me money contract for 24 month so basically am getting broadband for free and just paying for anytime call package also on top they offered me sim only plan for £6 a month unlimited call, unlimited text and 4gb data on a 30 day rolling contract so yeah if you give your broadband provider a call they can give you good discount on there package never accept the offer they give you through email always best to call up and see if they willing to give you good price package.

I've just got my parents Halo 1 for 32.99 although they will never use half the benefits but are staunch BT supporters (patriotic pensioners!!!?!!) so was never going to convince them to swap. I did want something sub £30 but BT weren't playing ball.

What I did notice is the last 3 times I've called BT for them I've gotten through to an English call centre almost immediately and 2 out of 3 times my problem was solved by the first person. I was transferred once as retentions are a different department to accounts. So cant fault their customer service currently.

Via a BT ad on this site I signed up for Full Fibre 100 (150Mbps) for £29.99 for 24 months. I'd already signed up at £39.99, was due to be connected in a week, and had to cancel and sign up online since the phone staff had no knowledge of the deal and couldn't apply it to my existing order. I'm moving from Sky, not sure about existing customers. Disabling adblocker on this site really paid off!

Does that include line rental?
Yes, includes line rental. The ads randomly pop up, the 300 speed is also discounted. I presume they're looking to pre-empt TalkTalk and Sky's fttp announcements.

Last edited:
Thanks, unfortunately it's not available at my location at the moment.

Kept my package for an acceptable price in the end. Who da funk it ;)

Although I did have to cancel my new contract myself. Pretty sure last time BT took care of it

Been a BT customer for the past 4 years after leaving Sky. Not really looked back, better connection better customer service. After dealing with the clowns at TT for some of my clients, I realise that paying a little more for better customer service / reliability is a better investment of my time and money.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom