Question Are any of the JVC DLA projectors good for Gaming too?

(GTV)Chris

I have now narrowed my new (used) projector search to a JVC. I crave those black levels and cinematic pictures!!
I'd like a 4K unit, it would have to be an eshift for affordability.
But I also play a lot of games on the big screen.
My current Panasonic has an input lag of around 30 - 40 milliseconds. Which is ok for me.
I can't afford the newer models so was looking for a unit three or four years old.
Any suggestions on what I should be looking for?
My room is very dark approx 10ft by 18ft
The screen size is 92 inches corner to corner
The lens is about 14 feet from the screen
Many thanks in advance :)

Chris

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
They used to have pretty high latency up until the *500 series, so you should really be looking at one of the following :

X5500
X7500
X9500

X5900
X7900
X9900

(GTV)Chris

Thank you pRot3us. I am certainly on the lookout for a unit. I've almost gone mental looking up each model and then forgetting which one was which!!! They all sound the same, apart from the price and the contrast ratio :)

cynix

Pretty sure the low latency option of bypassing all the processing crap was only introduced on the x900 series. Are you sure it was also on the x500 series?

pRot3us

Distinguished Member

cynix

Ah yes, you're quite correct. Apologies. :)

So there was even less difference between the x900 and x500 series than I thought.

(GTV)Chris

pRot3us - you have "Turkey Shoot" in your film collection!! I thought I was the only person to have seen this lol :)
Sorry, was being nosey.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
pRot3us - you have "Turkey Shoot" in your film collection!! I thought I was the only person to have seen this lol :)
Sorry, was being nosey.
I have the link in my sig if people want a look, nothing nosey about it.

As for Turkey Shoot, I'm in the slow process of building up my Ozploitation collection, looking forward to the upcoming Indicator release of Road Games. I'm sure plenty of people have seen Turkey Shoot, I'll eat my hat if @Coz22998 hasn't seen it, sounds like you need to join us in the blu ray/movie forums :

(GTV)Chris

Sounds great, see you over there :)

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member
I have the link in my sig if people want a look, nothing nosey about it.

As for Turkey Shoot, I'm in the slow process of building up my Ozploitation collection, looking forward to the upcoming Indicator release of Road Games. I'm sure plenty of people have seen Turkey Shoot, I'll eat my hat if @Coz22998 hasn't seen it, sounds like you need to join us in the blu ray/movie forums :

What condiment would sir like with his meal?

;)

Sounds like prime 88 Films/Arrow fodder so I'll get to see it eventually.......

Sorry, thread back on track now.........my N5 is ruddy awesome with gaming. My fingers on the other are not........:(

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
What condiment would sir like with his meal?

;)

Sounds like prime 88 Films/Arrow fodder so I'll get to see it eventually.......

Sorry, thread back on track now.........my N5 is ruddy awesome with gaming. My fingers on the other are not........:(
Hat eating time! :eek:

But Coz, it has a random character who you won't be able to decide if they're a werewolf or a mutant wrestler, or a wrestling werewolf!!

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member
Hat eating time! :eek:

But Coz, it has a random character who you won't be able to decide if they're a werewolf or a mutant wrestler, or a wrestling werewolf!!
I want I need I want I need..........

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom