Are any makes of LCD less prone to backlight bleed?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Lizzybif, Jan 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    As I have reported before I have a problem with backlight bleed on my Panasonic 32LXD700.

I was hoping to get a replacment although I am a bit worried in case it might be even worse!

I just wondered whether all LCDs are likely to have this to a lesser or greater degree or are there any makes which do not suffer from this?

What are the chances of me getting a replacment which is completely free from backlight bleed? Is it a lottery?:rolleyes:

2. mbilejo

mbilejo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    By that, do you mean when the screen shows black, you can see white patches?

If so, I had that on Philips 5522D very badly! I now have a Philips 9632 and (fingers crossed) I don't have it. By the looks of the thread for this TV, its not an issue that anyone has had.

3. Windtalker

Windtalker
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    my sony w3000 and toshiba wlt66 both had it,both lg's didnt and neither did the philips 7862.

4. Hoax

Hoax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    It does not only depend on brands .. allthough Im sure one brand would have a stricter quality control than the other..
    But knowing that brands as Sony even have lots of bad TV's it's really hard to say which brand to choose ..

Its always a lottery :)

I think it would be smarter to get a TV with a panel that is less prone to bleed instead of avoiding or choosing certain brands ..

The PVA type should be less prone to bleed compared to others..
    If you want to be sure about not getting a new TV with bleed dont get LCD because its just a common LCD thing every panel has bleed (which doesnt have to be visible by the naked eye) ..

read this info about different type of lcd panels

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678057

5. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    It's not white patches but a 'yellowy' cloud which is in the top left hand corner of the screen which is really visible in some dark scenes.
    After the TV has been on for a while the whole screen takes on a yellowy hue and so the cloud blends in more but is still noticable.
    I've tried various settings and it makes no difference.

Apart from this problem I really, really like this TV and if I could get one without this then I would be very happy.

I think I will just ask the retailer for a replacment and check this out before he takes the 'old' one away to make sure it is not worse.

I wouldn't mind if it was slight blacklight bleed as I could live with that.

Thanks guys!:smashin:

6. Pontiac

Pontiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    As I have mentioned before, all LCDs I have ever seen have exhibited it to some degree. The only solution is plasma or LED LCD technology, which do not have backlights as they are self-lit pixels.

7. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Thanks but I don't really have room for more than a 32" screen in my living room.