Are all the polls on general chat getting annoying?

• Yes

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 50.0%

• Total voters
I thought for a minute this might be another thinly disguised.

I've voted in a few but have not bothered since the 'ghosts' one.

Not ironic at all that you're adding to them?

the ones like tooth fary and father xmas are annoying lol

The polls themselves, and the responses which clarify on members' reasons for voting, are okay with me.

What really twists my melon are the essays which cover more than a screen on my 19" monitor and attempt to completely deconstruct and annihilate other posters' beliefs / arguments /opinions.

I mean, an argument about what a 'belief' is... :confused:

Each to their own, I suppose, although there are, thankfully, several forumites with a superb wit who can cut through the crap!

well said!!.....there are a few posters who are so convinced that they are right about everything and so hell bent on showing us all how 'well read' they are that they completely ruin every thread on which they post.....this is after all general chat!!....chat being the operative word.....you know light hearted conversation/banter......take a day off guys and have a chill pill at the same time!

The whole point of these threads is to have a light hearted :censored:take

They must be tedious as some
animal-smiley-013.gif
killjoy deleted my easter bunny thread! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i can't believe it!!! that's exactly the sort of issue we should be discussing! ;-) ....(what was that first thing you linked to before that nice puking emoticon)?

Found one that was appropriate! :D

As one guilty of being a little too fond of polls (as you'll know if you've frequented the MP3/iPod forum these past few months), I'd like to apologise for posting so many - and not always good ones at that. This thread was exactly the wake-up call I needed.

And I'll be avoiding getting drawn into long, pointless, tit-for-tat counterposting arguments, too. I take the bait all too easily sometimes; so thanks for this thread and for knocking some :censored: sense into me!

Now, that's have some of that light-hearted banter ...

Games Guru said:
animal-smiley-013.gif
:rotfl: Well I found it :hiya: here.

Games Guru said:
animal-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, I thought I'd made a cracking quip on shadowritten's "Front or Rear Entry" thread, only for the whole thing to have disappeared..... guess it was unsuitable even for the "Threads not suitable for sensitive folks" forum! :D

Kazuya Mishima said:
Yeah, I thought I'd made a cracking quip on shadowritten's "Front or Rear Entry" thread, only for the whole thing to have disappeared..... guess it was unsuitable even for the "Threads not suitable for sensitive folks" forum! :D

Er ... I had a PM about that from the Big Boss of this place. Short and to the point, it said my thread was, indeed, unsuitable even for the 'Threads not suitable for sensitive folks' forum. Ho hum ... :rolleyes:

You should've set up your poll to reveal users' choices ... er ... which is what I USED to do!

I'm among those who voted 'no' on this one ... then I went away and had a proper think about it (see #15). If I could, I'd switch to 'yes', on reflection.

I consider them intriguing and find that they help pass the time whilst slaving away in work.This is a fourm after all which I believe is classed as an assembly for open discussion;so as fun as the Friday's joke thread's are I think it would be a shame to be without the odd bit of serious banter.

Sad as it may seem but I usually find myself agreeing 100% with Billy Science,but he can always put his point accross far better than I,so I usually dont even bother adding my inadequate gibberish.

*mental note,must add my gibberish to the annoying polls*

Billy Science is a smart guy, but i wish he would chill sometimes....i loved his parody the other day (a great example of chilling!), i forget which thread as they are all so similar, and sorry EG i'm really not putting you down....but the way you come across some times reminds me of those people you meet in the pub and ask a question of, just to make brief conversation and end up thinking....sheesh if only I hadn't said that!......and i say this as somone who finds themself agreeing with you more often than not these days!...I hope you take this in the right spirit (scotch in my case ;-) )

chedmaster said:
Yes

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom