1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all Sony centres Bad

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Biggles, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Biggles

Biggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder is other people have had bad experiences with their local Sony Centre?

My Mum (God Bless Her) decided to get me a couple of speaker stands for my B’day and went to the local Sony Centre thinking she’d get good service.

She was sold a couple of cheap stands; they packaged them up and put them in a box, not the original packaging.

I opened them on my B’day and discovered they were broken, knackered, the pin’s had been punched through the base plate and the tube fixing’s also pulled from the base plate. However the external packaging wasn’t damaged.

I told my and she said she’d take them back, even though I offered. ( I wish I had)

The Sony Centre in Loughton told her, “you must of broken them and so it’s not our problem”.

Mum although in her 70’s she tried to explain her case and in the end the manager told her the same, and that her only option was to contact the supplier and get new base plates.

So without telling me off she went.

Now has anyone else had this sort of treatment from a Sony centre?

Should I report them to the local trading standards?

What should be my next step?

2. bix

bix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've taught my parents to call me before they buy anything remotely technical.

3. Biggles

Biggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    She asked where to go, as it was "last minute" and so I said try the Sony centre, little did I know they were going to pass duff kit off to her.

I know - she should have checked them before they were packed up, but she's a trusting old so and so. Hopefully we've both learnt something from this.