Are all R1 Spider-Man RCE?

P

potato

Some threads mentioned that R1 Spider-man is "new" RCE but the one that I received (from Amazon.com) yesterday didn't mentioned RCE at all.

I ordered this DVD is to check whether my 3+ years old Panasonic can play RCE or not, so now it plays the one that I've received yesterday but I don't know whether it is RCE or not, any idea?

Thanks.

p/s.

The shipment contains two DVDs, Spider-man + AOTC, I got tax by German custom, 3.5% EU tax and 16% German VAT, all together 8.89 EUR :(, very expansive.

The problem is: the custom first charged 3.5%, add up the amount (original amount + the 3.5%) and then tax 16% VAT, even worst, the amount that they tax me is INCLUDING the postage, is that normal???? I think the postage is not subjected to VAT, isn't it??

DodgeTheViper

If your machine was already set to Region 1, then you wouldn't know that it is a RCE disc. Try setting your player to Region 2, then playing the disc. You should then have the regional map displayed.
But, as you can already play the disc, then i guess your player can play RCE discs!!!

Cheers
Kev

P

potato

Thanks mozzer.

I think my Panasonic is hardware modified, I can't select region and the player will play all regions automatically, I don't know which region I'm playing unless looking into the DVD case.

Does it mean all other DVD players with remote control hack need to select which region manually? Including the hot Phillips 963SA? Then I think my old one is better :). Actually I'm thinking of buying the 963sa sometime this month.

If it can handle RCE disc then I'll order my Fifth elements (superbit) this weekend :)

Thanks once again.

M

mysteriousjimmy

Originally posted by potato

If it can handle RCE disc then I'll order my Fifth elements (superbit) this weekend :)
You will have no problems with the Fifth Element Superbit, NO RCE

Lux

Standard Member
Originally posted by potato

The shipment contains two DVDs, Spider-man + AOTC, I got tax by German custom, 3.5% EU tax and 16% German VAT, all together 8.89 EUR :(, very expansive.

The problem is: the custom first charged 3.5%, add up the amount (original amount + the 3.5%) and then tax 16% VAT, even worst, the amount that they tax me is INCLUDING the postage, is that normal???? I think the postage is not subjected to VAT, isn't it??

aaah I see, It seems to nbe a pain in the backside to get DVDs to germany at the moment. Der Zoll seems to go mental on any dvds from play.com and other etailers.
I just hope that the DVDs that I get sent to luxembourg don`t pass through germany otherwise it will be very expensive.
Have u actually joined that Film Freunde petition??