Are all Pana EH50s Like This??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PJ2001, Mar 23, 2006.

1. PJ2001

PJ2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a EH50 a few months ago and Im having a problem with the display panel.
    The problem is that when the machine is in timer standby I can hardly see the little timer symbol from accross the room, even in total darkness. I end up having to walk over to it to see if the faint red clock symbol is lit. Turning the display brightness makes no difference to that symbol, are all eh50s like this or just mine?:mad:

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Hi

Probably normal. Red characters on fluorescent displays never seem to be very bright. You may find some variability and another Panasonic may be a bit brighter.

The real annoying thing with Panasonic DVD Recorders is that they have a "timer mode" you have to put the thing into in the first place as there is no need for it and is just a throw back to Video recorder days. Panasonic have eventually realised this "timer mode" business is ridiculous and on the new models arriving this spring you do not have to put them in "timer mode" but just turn it off normally, but doesn't help you now I know.

Regards

Phil

3. RAB67

RAB67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    No, you're right. It's impossible to see. And if you forget to set it - no recording.

If I'd been designing it I'd have made it an inch high!

4. LizzyF

LizzyF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panny 80V is just as bad. I get down on my knees to check the little red timer symbol is lit.

Lizzy

5. aekostas

aekostas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Don't get me started on the limitations of extlink, the alternative to timer recordings... Niggle after niggle after niggle...