• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Are all of my microsoft controlers bin fodda?

1969Owen

Hi, Could anyone tell me if there is a way to get my old microsoft controlers working on windows xp? they are a few years old now but at the time cost me a fortune and they have hardley been used! I have a force feedback side winder joystick, and the force feedback steering wheel with pedals ( both of which cost just under £200 each at the time!) I also have two controlers, one of which you can just tilt to move left and right etc, Non of these controlers have USB conectors, and used to plug into the back of my old computer. Is there any way I can get them working again?

Thanks, Owen

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
The only way I know of, is to install a card which allows you to connect them up, like an IDE soundcard. You will need the drivers for them too.

BrokenArrow

Established Member
Look on eBay for "15 pin usb" and you'll get some converters for the old 15 pin game connectors to USB.

Edit: I just realised they say "not compatible with Microsoft Sidewinder Joysticks" :-\

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom