Are all laptop dvd writers the same?

john9159

Standard Member
Reaction score
The DVD writer in my Lenovo 110-15IB will not automatically eject but clicks a lot trying. I would like to know if any writer will do as replacement. I notice costs vary tremendously as do specifications of the few new ones that are available. I had hoped to spend in the region of £10 rather than the £40 or so quoted for this model laptop.

The DVD writer in my Lenovo 110-15IB will not automatically eject but clicks a lot trying. I would like to know if any writer will do as replacement. I notice costs vary tremendously as do specifications of the few new ones that are available. I had hoped to spend in the region of £10 rather than the £40 or so quoted for this model laptop.
The biggest issue is the bezel and having it fit properly and look right when installed in your machine.

Have you looked on eBay? Lenovo parts are generally widely available. You can get a huge variety of DVD drives from simple readers, to writers, to faster writers, and then blu-ray etc. too - so specifications and costs really do vary considerably.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom