1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archos

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by TheDufster, Jul 10, 2002.

1. TheDufster

TheDufster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone here got any experience of Archos kit?

Archos Website

They have some nice looking equipment, with huge storage capabilities. I like the look of the 20gb recorder, which can be used for MP3 or as a USB Hard-drive.

I have been considering a purchase for a long while now, it would be good to hear some personal feedback on experiences of this stuff.

2. GaryG

GaryG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. TheDufster

TheDufster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, but now the trouble is I can't make my mind up as to what I want.

I originally thought of the Archos because of the ability of it to act as a portable hard-drive for my PC, which is handy for transferring files between my PC and laptop and other peoples PCs.

But as an MP3 player, altough it has large storage capacity, it's not the sort of thing you can go for a run with or take down the gym - it's a bit big. Therefore, I think I will end up buying a portable Hard-drive instead to take care of the file transferring etc.

Now what I would really like is a small MP3 player - but all of these I have seen have tiny storage. Isn't there a small MP3 player which can take removeable media like smartmedia cards or compact flash? That way I can carry a few more tunes around on the cards which is good if I am away from my PC for a few days.

Thoughts anyone?