Archos series 5

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Butters, May 3, 2007.

1. Butters

Butters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Could this be the Archos to have...

(text borrowed from another site)

"Archos is up to something, and the company's teasing us with talk of wirelessly browsing and downloading HD movies. The breathless prose in an emailed event tease goes so far as to blurt out that this upcoming Generation 5 product line will include "the most innovative products ever introduced from Archos."

Downloading high-definition movies sounds great, as long as Archos can figure out a way to get the major motion picture studios and content creators interested in the idea—unless, of course, those HD movies have taken a somewhat circuitous route unbeknownst to the studios. Can Archos pull this off?"

Well, Archos calls itself "the inventor of the portable video player," and the company has actually been rather innovative with its handheld video devices. And it's high time someone gave us the ability to wirelessly download and watch HD clips on a handheld player, so maybe it's time for Archos to invent that, too. Look for the product line's "private debut" on June 14, followed by a public launch this fall"

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,151
    Interesting, look forward to that June 14th debut! I've always liked the Archos series, but never really had a need to move from my Zen Vision M.

3. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,604
    from a portable, on the move perspective, what's the point of HD?

I can understand it if you could hook it up to a HD ready screen - but not many hotels have those!

4. Butters

Butters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Presumably it will act like the 04 series and be capable of streaming the content from the web directly (maybe) or from your pc to that lovely shiny plasma/lcd/projector when at home. HD on the move - agree!

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,151
    I agree. As long as it can play some of the high res avi's I have I'd be more than happy.