archos repair

tinners

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to get repairs carried out on Archos's and if so where.

Specifically is it possible to get a replacement screen ? (don't ask why :mad:)

Many thanks

Thanks.

I contacted Archos and am going to send it back for repair.

RMA process seemds pretty easy. Should be about £90 for a new screen which isnt bad.

Tinners, did you get this sorted, I have managed to crack the screen on my 504 just before I went on a holiday. Decided to get a 604 Wifi for the holidays and then claim on the insurance when I got back.

Just found out the excess on my insurance is £110 and they will up my premium, so if you got the replacement for £90 then thats the route to follow.

Thanks.

Good news, I have just had my Archos 700 repaired cheaply and quickly. Try [email protected] The guy there Chris almost had my Archos in the return post, fixed and tested. He is based in Canterbury Kent. All that was wrong with mine was a loose connection for the head phone jack which he re-soldered and posted back for £30. Considering the machine was useless without the repair I thought that was pretty good.

Good news, I have just had my Archos 700 repaired cheaply and quickly. Try [email protected] The guy there Chris almost had my Archos in the return post, fixed and tested. He is based in Canterbury Kent. All that was wrong with mine was a loose connection for the head phone jack which he re-soldered and posted back for £30. Considering the machine was useless without the repair I thought that was pretty good.

Are you sur it's gad"jet"repairs and not the usual spelling?there is no listing for that spelling but there is for the normal one.I've got a bricked archos needs repaired and don't trust archos themselves.cheers

The guy is called Chris and he was very helpful. he is based in Canterbury I believe. I posted the archos to him and it virtually came back by return. I just sent his payment by BAC's. Send him an email ask him about their payment options.

Jim

The guy is called Chris and he was very helpful. he is based in Canterbury I believe. I posted the archos to him and it virtually came back by return. I just sent his payment by BAC's. Send him an email ask him about their payment options.

Jim

Have sent the unit off for repair,will let you know how it goes.This guy could be a lifesaver for people who have been let down by archos and are out of warranty.thanks again jim.

Have sent the unit off for repair,will let you know how it goes.This guy could be a lifesaver for people who have been let down by archos and are out of warranty.thanks again jim.

I know it's over a year ago but how did you get on?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom