Archos Gmini XS202

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm after an inexpensive 20Gb no fuss player, which the Gmini xs202 seems to be. Anyone know if there are any downsides? It only supports 12 hours battery life, but I can live with that.

If Sony went bust tomorrow and my HD5 followed within hours, I'd ditch ATRAC (much as I love it), switch back to MP3 (still have over 3,000 of 'em stored away!) and buy this baby! I only sent back the Gmini XS200 'cos the onboard software on the one I had was buggy as hell and didn't do half the things it should've done. Oh, and it got FRIGHTENINGLY hot when charging while transferring large quantities of files.

Thanks, FYI I've found it for around the £140 mark at Dabs and pixmania.

Hello, my information is only hearsay, the result of trawling the reviews in a desperate effort to find a worthy Mac friendly device. It is pretty universally highly regarded, and boasts a 17 hour battery life, not so good as the Sony, (and not removeable), but probably what I will buy to replace my poor old, soon to be obsolete minidisc player.

kokoshka said:
Hello, my information is only hearsay, the result of trawling the reviews in a desperate effort to find a worthy Mac friendly device. It is pretty universally highly regarded, and boasts a 17 hour battery life, not so good as the Sony, (and not removeable), but probably what I will buy to replace my poor old, soon to be obsolete minidisc player.

hehe, I'm replacing my trusted minidisc player (of 7 years!) aswell.

i've just got one,
sounds great,easy to use,big screen with all the info on the track you'll likely to need,
loads of settings and features and sounded good through my amp using a ten quid cable.
yep, the battery life quoted as 17 hours though i have'nt used mine enough yet to verify this though.
oh its small as well and uses a hitachi hard drive if that is of any use and updates are available from the archos web site and look easy to install but again i have't tried this yet but will get round to it.
all in all no problem reccomending as an alternative to the main stream especially if you are thinking of using it through a amp or hi fi :thumbsup:
the only thing i'd say is that you've got the usual fannying around downloading and installing a driver if using win 98 se like i am but still this was'nt too painful and i was soon up and running.
hope this is of some use.

oh, got mine from amazon for £148 incl. p & p but had to wait a week or two for delivery but after much searching this was the best all inclusive price i could find.be aware though that quite a few places were out of or awaiting stock.....book early to avoid dissapointment :)

Thanks a lot reevesy, Dabs was out of stock, I will look into Amazon. It was on play, but at 169.99 and said it wasn't available til end of the month. So there must either be some demand or shortage.

Get in Gerrard what an equaliser!

Sorry...watching Sky as I type this: another review

Thanks LFC_SL, that review highlights the pros and cons in good detail. I had a chance to see one today and was quite impressed with the build quality.

oops, sorry 2-1 :(

go on,go on,go on,go on.........go on,you know you want to :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom