1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archos Gmini XS202 ... Line out?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by shadowritten, Oct 27, 2005.

1. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know? Website says headphone/line out share the same jack ... but I don't see the line out feature listed/tested in any reviews I've so far read.

Thanks, guys and gals!

2. unique

unique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,212
    i think the model is very similar to the xs200 which only has the one 3.5mm socket, there are no settings i've seen to set it to "Line level", you just need to turn the volume down. i think you can download the full specs and manual online, you just get basic instructions in the box as the manual is included on the drive as files (pdf i think)

i've had the xs200 for a few months now, and i'm very pleased with it, i got it from dixons for £150. i just took it home, plugged it into the pc (with xp), it showed up as an external harddrive, you drag and drop your files across, which is pretty fast as you don't have to use software like itunes (although i think it's compatible with that and WMP, though why you would want to use it i don't know). battery length is decent, i just have to charge once a week to last my trips to work, and loading up new files once or twice a week. it comes with the usb cable and charger and headphones (which i've never used as i have some nicer sony noise cancelling ones)

the only minor issue with it is that it won't charge up or power via the usb cable, which many other mp3 players do, but for the money its excellent value for money, and no problems with sound quality or volume level. nice and deafening even for myself and everyone else on the bus :D

the main difference with the xs202 is it plays protected windows media files (i tend to burn mine to cd then rip back to mp3 anyways, not that i have many at all), and the battery lasts a bit longer, i think 20 hours instead of 10/12, and it comes in 2 or 3 different screen colours. it's a nice light and tiny player, but substantially built in nice gun metal look

i spent a while picking the right model before i got mine, and i must say, even compared to the latest models, i made the right decision

btw, argos have a 40gig mp3 player for £99.99. no idea what it's like though

3. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,181
    regards to the line out,it is via the headphone jack....got myself the relevent ixos cable from hmv of all places for a tenner and once hooked up to my denon , does a decent enough job.

4. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers! :thumbsup: