Archos AV500 using abroad

moob

Hi,

I recently purchased the above, and was planning on taking it to my holiday in the US soon. Could anyone tell me if tvs in the states use the same scart connection as here, or do I need an adaptor?

Cheers

mitchelc

I believe Scart is just used in Europe & that the US use composite video & s-video. You should be able to use the composite cable that comes with the AV500. Also the AV500 can be set to output NTSC which is used in the US instead of our PAL.

moob

I believe Scart is just used in Europe & that the US use composite video & s-video. You should be able to use the composite cable that comes with the AV500. Also the AV500 can be set to output NTSC which is used in the US instead of our PAL.
Many thanks for the info!

moob

Further to the above, can anyone tell me what size the headphone jack socket is on the AV500, either I read the pdf too quickly or it isn't on there.

mitchelc or anyone, does the player definately come with both scart and composite/s vid output cables?

FrankS

Novice Member
Further to the above, can anyone tell me what size the headphone jack socket is on the AV500, either I read the pdf too quickly or it isn't on there.

mitchelc or anyone, does the player definately come with both scart and composite/s vid output cables?
Its a standard mini headphones jack, I use a pair of Sennheiser PX150's (with noise reduction) and the sound quality is fantastic.

The player is supplied as standard with the phone/composite video cables with a scart adapator. The S-video is on the docking station. I don't think mine came with a s-video cable but its the standard s-video cable.

moob

OK, having got this now, and it looks great, can someone help with transferring avi files.

For some reason, it gives a message that the hard drive has either stopped responding or the device has been removed when I try to copy a movie of 700mb across onto the Archos.

Any ideas?

Forget the above, just changed the device on Archos to hard drive rather than Windows Synch, and it works!

FrankS

Novice Member
Yep leave in hard drive mode, as a windows media device WMP takes over and insists on "converting" everything.

moob

Frank, any ideas if there is an Archos specific forum where I can get some tips hints etc?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom