Archos AV480 - Synchronising with PC

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by TomOfArabia, Dec 20, 2004.

1. TomOfArabia

TomOfArabia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an AV480 which i plan to use as part of a home entertainment network, does anyone know how i can synchronise it constantly with my media content (mp3s mainly) stored on an XP PC? The idea is that i can pull it out of the docking station and take all my tunes and movies out with me when i leave the house...

I would like to use Musicmatch JB but they dont offer a portable device plugin for the AV400 series, and i cannot find any other 'Activesync' type software for it :eek:(

I have heard rumours that Archos will produce a Windows MCE update to the currently Linux based OS, does anyone know when? or if indeed its true?!?

2. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
  3. TomOfArabia

TomOfArabia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers 4 those links shoehorn..still cant find the answer im looking for though! anyone else know how to sync the archos with a pc based media collection?

AV500 looks quite special :eek:)

4. elmbeck

elmbeck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I am considering the AV500 but can only find the 30 Gb version.

How much decent quality stuff could I get on? (assuming that the 85 films quoted by Archos would have to be pretty poor resolution).....

.......or should I wait for the 100 Gb ............how long ........... aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!!