1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archos AV400

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Buster044, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Buster044

Buster044

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any software that can repair corrupt videos created on an Archos AV400.

Lately I've been getting,
    'Cannot play video'
    'File is damaged or incomplete'

I have the latest firmware installed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. JamesG99

JamesG99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I found that happens sometimes when you record on battery power. Try plugging it in and see if it stops the problem.

Don't know about fixing existing corrupted videos. Maybe try loading it in VirtualDub?

James.

3. Buster044

Buster044

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I cannot copy off the Archos, the PC complains the file is corrupt :(
    I don't want to write off the videos just yet, fingers crossed they can be repaired.

I have left a message on the Archos website but they are slow at responding.

Cheers
    Dave.

4. JamesG99

JamesG99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I see. The Archos appears as a mass storage device when it's plugged into the PC, so you might be able to use some file recovery software to get the file. I used some with a Compact Flash card a while ago, but can't remember the name. I expect a google search will find something suitable.

In the meantime, don't record anything else to the Archos and don't run scandisk, otherwise you'll have even less chance of getting it!

James.