1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archos AV400 turns off after booting up

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by AUTISM, Mar 23, 2005.

1. AUTISM

AUTISM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I bought an Archos AV420 a few days ago and it was great, until today. After listening to some tunes at work I turned the unit off and walked out to my car where I tried to power it back on. The loading screen came up and the harddrive access LED started to blink. After about 5 seconds the unit turns off. I noticed that while the unit is booting it sets the backlight for the LCD to its highest setting. Once its done booting it sets the backlight for whatever you had it setup as. So when I turn on my unit the LCD is bright then after its done loading the LCD dims to the lowest setting (the one I set it up for) and a split second later the unit turns off.

At first I thought it could be an issue with the battery. So I took it home and let it charge all the way up at which point I tried to turn it back on. No luck though, it still shuts itself off after booting. Anyone else run into this at all?

Any suggestions? Should I just bring it back to where I bought it and have it exchanged?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,744
    I would give them a call to see if they can suggest anything.

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    dont know if this will help, but the other day i put a few extra tunes on to my nieces mp3(memory stick type) and when done every time i switched the unit on it booted up but then switched straight back off, i put it back into the computer and removed the songs i just put on and it then worked fine, so maybe its aproblem similar to that, try removing the recently added songs and see if it works then