Archos 705

Valwroe

Standard Member
Reaction score
:hiya:Hi I have just joined the forum today, I have an Archos 705 80gb and I was hoping someone could help me with a small problem I am having, I want to record direct form my TV to the archos, I have a Twin tuner with my tv which means all leads and connections come straight form the tuner and not in the TV. Have have looked at the mini dock and also the travel dock, which one would any of you suggest. As I think the DVR station is a little pricey for what it is.
I would be grateful for any help.

moving to media players forum.

Well I thought I'd join this site for some help but as yet no has bothered to reply maybe a bad mistake to join ???????????????:suicide:

Well I thought I'd join this site for some help but as yet no has bothered to reply maybe a bad mistake to join ???????????????:suicide:

Welcome to the forums Valwroe :thumbsup:- sorry i did not realise forum members were supposed to be here 24/7 to support you :eek: but i think you may find that certain areas of the fora are more frequented than others.

Okay flippancy out of the way....i think if you want to record from your TV the only dock is the DVR dock that has the capability to do so hence its name - Digital Video Recording .

The other docks let you playback to a TV so useful if on travels and want to hook up to a full size screen. So if the DVR station is too much you are stuck with downloading BBC iPlayer type programs and copying them across to the Archos as a work around.

Hope that helped ...

Thank you for replying I didn't expect people to reply straight away as I expect Forum members have better things to do.

I have decided that I will not bother recording from the TV as I already have a Archos 700 AV and I can record form that on to the hard drive.

My new Archos is just for a fun thing to use on the bus in the morning.

Anyway thanks again for replying:)

Welcome to the forums Valwroe :thumbsup:- sorry i did not realise forum members were supposed to be here 24/7 to support you :eek: but i think you may find that certain areas of the fora are more frequented than others.

Okay flippancy out of the way....i think if you want to record from your TV the only dock is the DVR dock that has the capability to do so hence its name - Digital Video Recording .

The other docks let you playback to a TV so useful if on travels and want to hook up to a full size screen. So if the DVR station is too much you are stuck with downloading BBC iPlayer type programs and copying them across to the Archos as a work around.

Hope that helped ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom