Archos 605 TV Guide problems

F

frank103

PLEASE HELP

I have recently purchased an Archos 605 40gb and am having problems with the TV Guide and general TV recordings. I have a Sony HD TV with built in digital tuner, therefore I am not using a freeview box nor do I have sky or a VCR

1. Ive installed the TV Guide (freeview/ London region) and it shows all programs as being 3 hours out of sync i.e Eastenders proper time 8pm my Archos 5pm.

2. I can only seem to record the channel I am currently watching, if I change channels on the TV the DVR starts recording that channel (This is when I select Manual record mode)

This thing is driving me mad and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

FrankS

Not sure about the TV guide but it might be something to do with a time zone and where it's set to.

But the Archos will only record the AV signal that is sent to it, it doesn't have a tuner. Your TV will only send what it's currently tuned into to the scart output. If you want to record one and watch another you'll need a separate freeview box I'm afraid.

F

frank103

Many thanks FrankS, I'll use my old freeview box and have a look at the time zones for TV guide. Fingers crossed

samysam1313

Standard Member
Hi Frank. At least you have a TV Guide. I use Archos link to download my TV Guide for Archos and all I get is "No Listing" for all channels and times. I'm in Ontario, Canada. I bought the 160gig Archos WiFi on Dec. 27/08 and still can't get the TV Guide. I talked to Archos Tech Support and get differing answers. One said it might not be available here and the last person I spoke to said I definitely should be able to get it. Who knows. Archos by email sucks. I've emailed them 2 or 3 times and never got a response. I love my Archos even if the TV Guide doesn't work. But it sure would be nicer if it did. I'll have to call Tech Support again.

PLEASE HELP

I have recently purchased an Archos 605 40gb and am having problems with the TV Guide and general TV recordings. I have a Sony HD TV with built in digital tuner, therefore I am not using a freeview box nor do I have sky or a VCR

1. Ive installed the TV Guide (freeview/ London region) and it shows all programs as being 3 hours out of sync i.e Eastenders proper time 8pm my Archos 5pm.

2. I can only seem to record the channel I am currently watching, if I change channels on the TV the DVR starts recording that channel (This is when I select Manual record mode)

This thing is driving me mad and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom