Archos 605 not recognised by computer

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Tiff, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Tiff

Tiff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have an archos 605 80gb wifi new at Xmas and has been working fine with Vista and then suddenly the computer does not recognise it's existence. I have tried reset, I have checked the firmware, I have checked the USB ports and I have made sure I have the latest windows media player but no joy. It works fine and charges fine on the dock but will simply not appear when I plug it into the USB on either my PC or laptop. I would really appreciate some help with this as I have done everything I can think of!

2. JJMcClure

JJMcClure
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the 605 blank when u plug it in, or does it have the USB or charge message?

3. Tiff

Tiff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Thanks for responding.
    No, the Archos ordinary screen comes on as though it is not plugged in to anything, and it works perfectly. When I plug the usb cable in nothing changes, there is still the main screen and no'enable' usb.

4. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +662
    That sounds like a faulty cable.

If you have one of the docks try connecting the dock to the computer using a standard USB cable.

5. priyaent

priyaent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have the same problem.the computer does not recognise it's existence. I have tried reset but the problem is still the same. if the USB cable is faulty why its charges properly??? i had restore factory settings 2 times. plz any body solve my problem. and plz tell me where is service center of archos in mumbai( india)?