Archos 604

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by katie45, May 7, 2007.

1. katie45

katie45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought an Archos 604 and want to take it abroad with me.

Does anyone know what I will need to recharge the player whilst I'm away as I won't have access to a computer to recharge it.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Katie

2. /////AMG

/////AMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    you'll have to buy the optional mains charger i think

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,054
    simplest is to get a USB charger. you can pick them up at the airport and they have different country plugs built in and handle different voltages. Then you just use the normal archos USB cable.

Or, pick up the docking adapter, which is what I did after being frustrated at how slowly it charges over USB. £25 at dixons tax-free and it comes with an AC adapter with interchangable 'heads' for different country plugs. This connects to a small little docking adapter. Charges much more quickly.

The other good thing is the adapter supports USB host mode. So you can eg connect the 604 to your digital camera and copy photos across to the 604 - either to make more space on your digital camera for more photos, or simply for backup and security

4. katie45

katie45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info

Is it just the docking adapter that I will need. There seems to be so many accessories to this device, it's a bit confusing. All I want to do is recharge it - though I like the idea of transferring photos from my digital camera.

Katie

5. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,054
    it is confusing.

Yes, its the docking adapter. It has the adapter that goes on the archos, the ac charger (and USB cable) in the package.

The other two main accessories are the DVR station and Travel adapter

The DVR station lets you charge and record video and I think it comes with the ac adapter, but is about £60

The travel adapter lets you record while out and about, but I don't think it comes with the ac adapter - not even sure if that one lets you charge it