Archos 500 - Inetnal speaker issues when recording from TV/Digital...

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Dystran, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Dystran

Dystran
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

The speaker on the archos is pretty quiet at the best of times, but when I record directly from a TV/digital box, the highest speaker lsound level is close is nearly mute.

Perhaps the particular equipment that I have and the Archos just 'don't get on'.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else record directly from TV/source and obtain a decent speaker sound level?

Thanks

2. FrankS

FrankS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Yep, I've recorded from a Grundig DVB box, Fusion FVRT 200 and cheap DVD player sound level seems OK, but as you say the internal speaker isn't great, but playing it know it's listenable. But headphones can't be beat!.

Just for info you are setting the recording level when recording aren't you.

3. spearmint rhino

spearmint rhino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi dystran...i have an av 500 and find the internal speaker to be very weak which is a bit of a shame ....otherwise this is without doubt a great bit of kit and blows away all the i pods out there!!!

4. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Shame it won't output AC3 though, and a line out would be really useful too. Wireless streaming [built in or as an addon] would be great as well. Oh and a higher resolution screen [I'm just being fussy now!]

If it had all these one would be mine by tomorrow even if it cost a lot more!

5. luthers

luthers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just to clarify what FrankS was saying....

(I have an AV700).....

when you hit that record button, make sure the Archos is playing what you're recording at full volume too..... once it starts recording, just disable the internal speaker...... makes a massive difference....