1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archiving Sky+ recording to VCR???

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Nobber22, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Help please! I've searched all over the forum (and the web) and found nothing about analogue archiving - everyone is talking about DVD-R, etc.

Anyway, I have used my Sky+ to record a film for my neighbour this morning. Now I want to copy it off Sky+ and onto my VCR - which isn't connected up yet as I haven't needed it for 6 months.

Can I copy a recorded item off Sky+ and onto a VHS video tape?
    Do I use the scart-out of Sky+ and scart-in on the VCR? Anything else I need to know/do?

Cheers! :)

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    yep use the VCR socket on the back of the SKY+ box and bung it into the Video, use a fully wired scart lead as you then have two way comms....Set the video to look at the Scart port (possibly AV1 or similar) the rest is in your SKY+ manual, basically select the film and copy it (don't forget to press record on the video :D ).
    The copy quality is normally very good.

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Thanks Graham. Didn't even bother with the copy function actually. Just played the film back overnight and pressed record on the VCR..... :)