Archies Snug Cinema Finished

archie2000

Finally got the Snug Cinema finished, so I thought I would get some pics up.

First of all, a few before's:

DSC_5436.JPG

DSC_5445.JPG

DSC_5443.JPG

DSC_5442.JPG

Daytime set up: It wasn't that bright a day when I took these, hence the lights needing to be on.
DSC_6787.JPG

DSC_6789.JPG

DSC_6794.JPG

DSC_6824.JPG

Last edited:

Silverblack

Nice!!

beecee

very nice, indeedy.

archie2000

Hi danmc, There wasn't any insulation in the roof, which came as no surprise to me as that room was always difficult to keep warm in the winter. Incidentally, the extension was built by the previous owner. I added plenty of insulation though when I went in to run cables.

Minty

Lovely room. Looks really classy. Love the bar area.

M

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Looks great..Did you use any form of soundproofing/sound dampening?

archie2000

Actually no, I didn't. I did a sound test outside with the volume wacked up to the highest level we would be comfortable listening to. Although I could hear a bit of bass rumble, it was no worse than what you hear in the corridor outside multi-screens.
Because the room is an extension on the side of the house, there is an additional breeze block wall as well as the normal house exterior wall which gives me quite a thick barrier. There is some sound leakage from the doorway into the hall, but we can live with that as we are usually in there together.

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the speedy response...I always wonder if our neighbours can here my system when I'm watching a movie.always very sound conscious

archie2000

Yeah, I know what you mean. Before we put the Snug Cinema together, I had my surround system in the living room which has a party wall to next door, so I was always concious of sound levels. We get on extremely well with our neighbours and I would text them when we were going to watch a film and ask them to let us know if they could hear it. They said they could hear the odd rumble from an explosion or something, but they never complained. I would have a sound level of around -18, but now I can get it up to -8 without worrying about it. On average though, I have it at around -12 or -13.

archie2000

Atmos upgrade.
I can only go for a 5.1.2 layout with this receiver

Denon AVR-X2200W Receiver
image.jpeg

A pair of Monitor CT165 in-ceiling speakers
20160404_150453.jpg

20160404_150506.jpg

20160403_130859.jpg

20160404_190029.jpg

20160404_185748.jpg

I've only sampled a few scenes from Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation so far, but it sounds awesome!! :clap:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom