1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcan DV88 & Component out via Scart

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matt Horne, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Hi..

I have a thread in the Tv section of the board about Loewe Tv's and my Arcam Dv88.

I thought one of the questions may be better answered here..

So... the Dv88 has both Component and RG Scart outputs.
    Within the menus you can set the output to either RGB or Component..

My question is if it is set to component will it send the signal out through both the component and scart outputs ?

I'm asking as I would like to use my scart cable to connect between the DVD player and the Loewe tv I am about to buy (soon!). If this works it means I can plug my Gamecube in to the Tv via the component In (RL2 rocks btw)

Cheers

Matt

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scarts can't carry component video, so no.

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    You can buy SCART to RGB phono.
    What are they for?

I'm asking because I'm wondering whether it's possible to connect my DVD player (RGB SCART) to TV (Component, Tosh 40WH08B).

If so will I benefit from normal RGB SCART to SCART.

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Component video and RGB are similar in quality but they are different so you can't use a scart to 3x phono. You wouldn't get the sync that the scart carries for starters.

That doesn't mean there are not RGB to component converters although i have never looked.

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Both Loewe and Arcam use a non standard version where you can output or input EITHER component OR RGB into the correct (RGB labeled) Scart. It is breaking the standards however.

I can't remember whether they need 3 or 4 leads for the RGB. It is easier to knock one up with four (RGB and Composite (for sync signal)).

Normally component won't go into an RGB socket unless it has been designed to do so. This is common in scalers / projectors / plasmas but with DVDs and Tvs the above two are the only examples I know of.

Don't forget component and RGB Scarts on a Loew are one and the same socket.

6. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the Arcam DV88 or the Loewe Xemix you can output component thru a SCART cable and the Loewe TVs will accept it, I use a Chord SCART...