Arcams with M.A.s

Neil Hawkes

Once I've "persuaded" my missus that the amp needs changing, I'm quite keen to try the AVR 350.

However, I purely use the amp for sound reproduction; Movie (5.1), SACD (5.1) & stereo (2.1).

No video routeing, nor radio use required.

With the speakers below; would you recommend the AVR 350, or a different solution entirely?

All the best,
Neil.:thumbsup:

ianmacd

M.A.'s can be a tad bright with Arcam Amps. What cables are you using too? I found with QED's silver Anniversary XT this was exaggerated too.

As for recommending the AVR350, I can not do that enough. It is a superb amp. I would suggest getting a demo with your local Arcam dealer with your speakers if possible.

Ian.

Neil Hawkes

M.A.'s can be a tad bright with Arcam Amps. What cables are you using too? I found with QED's silver Anniversary XT this was exaggerated too.

As for recommending the AVR350, I can not do that enough. It is a superb amp. I would suggest getting a demo with your local Arcam dealer with your speakers if possible.

Ian.
I'm using copper speaker cable, no brand name, but of sound thickness and supplied by the Hi-Fi dealer where I demoed the speakers.

I live out in the wilderness of Anglesey, therefore my preference would be a home demo.

I'll have to have a look online to find Arcam dealers.

Cheers,

jagr

I use an Arcam 350 with the MA GR range speakers and think they are a great match.
I also use QED silver anniversary speaker cable and do not find it bright sounding.

Neil Hawkes

Now I've delved further into the world of Arcam, another question for the Arcamites.

Comparing the AVR 280 and the AVR 350 in another thread, the difference in sound reproduction was stated as negligible.

I'm unconcerned about "bells and whistles" or even upgrading to HD formats. I'm only going to replace my DVD/SACD player when it breaks down.

Therefore; as I'm looking for quality sound only, would the 280 be as good a match for my speaker set-up as the 350?

All the best,

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom