Arcam Xeta one

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by alfamadman, Jun 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. alfamadman

alfamadman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Have a question that i hope you may be able to help me with.
    I have an Arcan Xeta One, which i have been very happy with, until now.
    The amp does not have DTS or Dolby Digital capabilty.
    I don't really want to change the amp as i like all aspects of its performance.
    I was wondering if the amp can be upgraded to allow DTS and Digital, (what's that "DAVE" module all about?)

If i can't get an upgrade, or a separate box for DTS and Digital, then i guess i'll just have to bite the bullet and get a new AV amp.

Any help or information you can provide would be great.

Thanks

2. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a Xeta 2 +Delta 290 combo. I had the Xeta 2 upgraded to accept a 5.1 input from an external decoder. I not sure if the Xeta 1 is upgradeable or already has a 5.1 input. If it has you could buy a secondhand DD decoder or use a DVD player with a built in decoder.

I use an old Technics SH-AC300 but this is DD only no DTS. I have a Philips Q40 DVD player with DD and DTS decoding but the DD decoding is not up to the Technics standard and I suspect that isn't brilliant by modern processor standards.

I want to upgrade to Prologic II but replacing my setup with an amp. that sounds as good is going to be expensive!