ARCAM - What to choose : DV89 or DV78 ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PenguinHiFi, Aug 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. PenguinHiFi

PenguinHiFi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Hi,

I am looking to change my actual DVD player (a Cambridge Audio 540D).
    As I have an Arcam AVR100 (used as pre-amp) and an Arcam CD82T as a CD player, I think I'll go for an Arcam DVD player…*used as I can't afford a new one (if I could I'd take the new DV137 for sure :)

Looking at the second hand market, I noticed that the DV88+, DV89 and DV78 are quite in the same price category and that category is within reach for me.

If I have understood everything well :
    - the DV89 is a 88+ with DVD-A ability (so no need of the 89, a 88+ will do, as DVD-Audio seems to be dead already). But if the price is the same, why not…
    - but what about the DV78 ? Is it way better than the DV88+/89 ?

PLEASE NOTE : as I have a separate CD player, CD performance isn't a real issue for me. I just would like to have the best VIDEO performance. Is there a significant improvement from the DV88+/89 to the DV78 or are they more or less the same when used as video players ?

Regards.

PenguinHiFi