Arcam warranties. How do they work?

B.J

Standard Member
Hi,
I've just won(bought) an Arcam avr280 on eprey and was told by the seller that the item is under warranty until Jan 2011. However, He claims not to have the original receipt.
My question is this. What documentation do I need to have in order to claim any warranty should something go wrong?
Is it as simple as 'as long as the amp has been registered' then I'm OK. And can I check this with Arcam with the serial number?

Thanks in advance.
B.J

barrywi

Ring or email Arcam

cristopher

Standard Member
Hi BJ - what did you discover re: warranty ? I am in a simialr position and would like to know how the process works.

nrighton

I know that FMJ gear has a 5 year warranty once registered. It is not transferable in the USA but is in the UK. The DiVA gear had a two year warranty that was extended to 3 years. I don't know if that warranty transfers. The products need to be registered in order to be covered for the extended warranty period. Otherwise I believe there is a 90 day warranty. Obviously since the Diva has been discontinued for years I believe you will only get warranty coverage on a used item if it has been bought and registered with in the time constraint and you live in the UK.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom