Arcam UDP411 Sound Quality

bluerum66

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I heard the Arcam as got great HD audio sound but I notice it does not have analogue outputs. I thought that the Amplifier it would be connected to will therefore be decoding the HD audio. If thats the way it is how do i compare the HD audio sound between the player decoding it or the amplifier doing the decoding.

If that's the case then you make a good point. Take the Oppo 95/105 for example. I have read that if you are only using the HDMI output then you might as well stick with the 95 and only get the 105 if you want to use the analog output.

I will keep an eye out on your thread with interest for when others reply with some opinions/answers

Regards

Graham

The UDP411 has 2 channel balanced and RCA analogue outs....and very good they are too

If your talking " HD audio" as in dolby tru HD or DTS MA over HDMI, then it will be the sink that determines the audio quality and not the player.

The sink, i.e. The av receiver or whatever device the HDMI output of this player is connected too, will be the device that extracts the audio, decodes it, converts it to analog via its DAC, and amplifies it.
In that respect, this player is no better than any other.

If however, you mean " HD audio " as in high res stereo from its on board DAC, then thats a different story, as this is the only way audio from this player could be said to be better than any other.

Co ax and optical outs dont do what could be called "HD audio" and even if they did the quality would be down to the DAC and amp combination it was connected too!

Normally with BD players, HD audio means the lossless codecs over HDMI, and its not the player that determines how good they sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom