Arcam transport on it's last legs...

C

cesare

I've got an arcam 170.3 transport feeding an arcam BB500, and all is fine when it's working well.

Unfortunately the transport is starting to play up, with something like 1% of CDs not playing, or stopping during replay (always at the same point). So it's time to sort out either a repair of the transport, or a replacement.

Does anyone know which laser goes in this player, and who would be able to supply one? Alternatively, which models of arcam transport support sync lock to my BB500? I'm kind of a fan of this as it is an elegant solution to jitter so I should try and get a player which supports this.

Cesare

webhammer

I will send you a PDF of the 170 service manual if you send me an email at [email protected]. At least that can help you in working with a service facility.
I've got an arcam 170.3 transport feeding an arcam BB500, and all is fine when it's working well.

Unfortunately the transport is starting to play up, with something like 1% of CDs not playing, or stopping during replay (always at the same point). So it's time to sort out either a repair of the transport, or a replacement.

Does anyone know which laser goes in this player, and who would be able to supply one? Alternatively, which models of arcam transport support sync lock to my BB500? I'm kind of a fan of this as it is an elegant solution to jitter so I should try and get a player which supports this.

Cesare

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom