For Sale Arcam SR250 Stereo AVR

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by oxfordyankee, Sep 25, 2017.

1. oxfordyankee

oxfordyankee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    Hi

I purchased this from an Arcam dealer in Norwich a couple of months back. It was a display item but bar a couple of slight marks at the rear of the unit it is in A1 condition.

It has been registered and has nearly 5 years of warranty remaining.

It’s an amazing amp and I am only selling due to the space constraints I have for the speakers I want to run. I’m going to use this sale to buy a smaller all in one stereo amp, without the HDMI functionality and use a soundbar for my TV.

Product details:

SR250 - Stereo AV Receiver - Arcam

An amazing receiver. It sounds majestic with Movies and music, especially with the DIRAC room correction software.

It is boxed and all accessories are included. Pictures to follow tomorrow evening.

Price and currency: £1499
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method:
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Any movement on price as dealers such as lintone are selling these with full warrantee and credit card facilities for less than your asking?

3. oxfordyankee

oxfordyankee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    Hi

Mine has all but 2 months of a full 5 year warranty available and I’m including delivery, as they are.

I can offer PPG for a trusted member such as you.

I’d consider an offer but it would have to be close, as I’m offering something something almost exactly the same as the dealer to which you refer.

Thanks

4. oxfordyankee

oxfordyankee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    If someone pays the full price, I will also include a miniDSP UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone. I purchased it at the same time as the amp. It makes a huge improvement to the room correction software over the included microphone from Arcam.

5. oxfordyankee

oxfordyankee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    Price reduced to £1500 including the microphone (worth a £100).

6. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Hard to price this, I can only find a couple of private second hand ones sold, they sold for considerably less than £1599 though. I probably personally wouldn’t value it the same as an official Arcam dealer selling one brand new boxed though.
    I don’t mean to offend, but would you buy a 2 month old second hand car from a private seller who bought it ex-display for the same price in cash as you could get a discounted brand new untouched one that’s in stock at an official dealer with full warrantee, finance and dealer facilities?
    I don’t need the mic as already have one and could collect in person from Cirencester so that would save you a chunk in money as fully insured postage is bound to be high. I know it’s much lower than asking, but would you consider an offer of £1000 collected?

7. oxfordyankee

oxfordyankee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    No thanks. You’re doing a great job of talking down my almost new, fully guaranteed premium amp.

Thanks.

8. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Sorry if it came across that way, it’s not my intention, just trying to find a happy fair middle ground. You have to see it from a potential buyers perspective, I’m sure you personally would’t pay the same price for something 2nd hand item you could pay for a new one? I also do not need the shipping or mic etc....

9. oxfordyankee

oxfordyankee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    The thing is, they’re not new. They’re B grade. A new one costs £2499, a thousand pounds more than mine.

I don’t mind the offer, that’s your prerogative, but the justification is uneccessary and inaccurate.

10. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,368
    I'd hate to see you in action when you do...

11. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Ha ha, sorry if I came across strong. I’ve had it confirmed by Lintone that it’s brand new sealed stock. I’d be pretty confident it’s just Arcam getting rid of some stock. It’s definately not ex-demo, refurb or show stock anyway, brand new sealed etc. They class it as B stock, but I’m 90% certain it’ll be perfect or you’ll struggle to see anything on it, if indeed it is even B stock, sometimes they just want to get rid of stock under the radar especially if it’s not a hot seller.. Any counter offer given I can collect and do not need the mic or is the price fixed?

12. oxfordyankee

oxfordyankee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    Looks like you've got yourself a bargain at Lintone. Good luck with it.

I'm closing this thread as you've all but ruined my chances of a sale as no one is going to get past the impression you've created.

Thanks and please refrain from trying to buy any of my items in the future.