Question Arcam Solo Speaker upgrade ?

Old Bill

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade the speakers on my Solo Music. At the moment I am using the Mission LX2 speakers. They are ok but i would like some more depth and base.
I like listening to classical, Jazz and normal radio. The speaker are for a medium size living room. My budget is up to about £650 ish. Can anybody help with a shortlist of recommendations ?

Richersounds have a deal on Monitor Audio Silver 6 speakers for £500, worth taking your amp down to a local shop to try some out. Nearest richer is either Cambridge or Romford but nothing stopping you auditioning at a local store and using this as a haggling price.

Monitor Audio Speakers Per Pair

Or if you want stand mounted audiot have some ex demo focal 906 in stock

Focal Aria 906 Speakers | Focal | Audio T

Hope this gives you a starter but best advice is to let your ears decide and go audition.

Thanks for that. I am going to listen to some Silver 6s on Monday. I have also had recommended some Kef Q350 speakers or Dali Opticon 2s. Any thoughts on these ?

Have you considered something from this selection.

They will wipe out anything passive at a similar price.

HEDD Type 05 B-Stock

Mackie XR624

Focal Alpha 80 B-Stock

I suggested Thoman as they have a 30day return window in which they'll also pay the return post fee.

I know a fair number of people who've moved to active speakers by now. And none would return to passives.

Worth a thought.

After listening to a few options at my local Ritcher sounds. I picked up a ex demo set of Silver 8s for £900. More then I was looking to pay but they sounded great. Looking forward to connecting them up in the next day or so.

That's an excellent price for the MAs.

The only possible problem is getting them to play at their best. The Arcam is a fine machine indeed, but it's not blessed with a huge power reserve for dynamic swing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom