Answered Arcam Solo Music late 2016....

doshim

Just bought an Arcam Solo Music system...
It is great, wonderful sound....
I have one issue with it the DAB tuner can only pick up 43 stations....it can't pick up classic fm on DAB ....I bought an amplified DAB aerial...no good still picks up the same number of DAB stations...

You might ask why am I listening to DAB and not internet radio equivalent....well no track name on internet radio....

Also I have installed Firmware 8.0 on this machine.... When was the last firmware update released for the Solo music?

Thanks in advance
Doshim

larkone

Distinguished Member
You might ask why am I listening to DAB and not internet radio equivalent....well no track name on internet radio....

Doshim

Internet radio will be much better quality though, most DAB stations are such low bandwidth that they are pretty much un-listenable.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
You may be limited by your location. Try a postcode search here.

A lot of commercial stations are on SDL National which has poor coverage in East Anglia, the South & the South-East.

Last edited:

doshim

Thank you...tried it and there are quite a few stations which in my area Harrow on the Hill has good reception....but I don't seem to pick them up with the Solo music.....only 43 stations are found in the dab....and I have an amplified aerial....which i am using....

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom