• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Arcam Solo Mini

Strobe

Prominent Member
A couple of questions for all you Solo Mini owners ...

(1) I understad it has a USB connection. Could I store music files on a usb stick and the Solo read the files and display track names? All music ripped at 320 kbps CBR mp3.

(2) My current speakers are MA RS1's which I am assuming would be a good match up - y/n?

Thanks.

mattneighbour

Established Member
Hi,

1) Solo Mini supports non-DRM WMA and MP3 files on USB flash memory. Your 320kbps MP3s will sound excellent, and Solo Mini will display the track title from the ID3 tags. The way the player works is to tunnel down through whatever directory structure exists on the USB stick to get to the music files. You are presented with a list of folders that contain music files, and can browse through these folders. In most cases this means you will end up with a list of albums (folders named after albums) to navigate.

2) Looking at the spec of those speakers they should be a good match. Why not have a listen in a hi-fi dealer?

Best regards,

Matt

P.S. The Arcam Owner's Forum (on this site) might be a better place to post in future.

Strobe

Prominent Member
Thanks for the reply Matt.

My main issue is wanting to detach my HiFi from my PC - transferring all my favourite music to a usb stick would allow me to do this and would also mean I can get shot of my Squeezebox.

Oh, and BTW, I didn't realise there was a separate Arcam forum so thanks for stopping by. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom