• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

arcam solo internet radio issues

crossways55

Novice Member
I have a new Arcam solo movie 2.1 installed, complete with wired internet access; I know it is a 'live' connection as I have updated the firmware and I can access files on my network and also other devices.

I understand that the solo supports internet radio (and streaming via a range of providers) and that this is apparently through 'airable' from TuneIn; however in the MusicLife app. when I select 'airable streaming' as a music source it states 'incompatible renderer'. I am doing something wrong or missing something?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

doshim

Established Member
Have you installed the Arcam control app on your device? You will need this to lock on your solo movie via wifi....

crossways55

Novice Member
hi - thanks for the reply. I seem to have solved this by selecting 'media' in the choice of inputs on the Arcam via the music life app. Airable is then not greyed out and the Arcam appears in the audio output list, allowing me to access internet radio. I have tried the Arcam control app. but although the controls for the Arcam appear I cannot see a separate menu as in music life; so not sure of the purpose of the control app if you have music life as well (is it to do with different firmware?). I asked Arcam themselves but they did not seem very interested... (too busy with the take-over?)

regards

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom