Arcam Software & Firmware Updates And Release Notes

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Crustyloafer, Apr 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    As there seems to be a lot of threads regarding software and firmware updates I thought I should just clarify the state of play with regards to what is the most up to date version and what they fix. It is recommended that these updates are provided and installed by your dealer.

IN ORDER TO KEEP THIS THREAD CLUTTER FREE CAN I PLEASE ASK THAT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING SOFTWARE AND FIRMWARE UPDATES THEN PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FACILITY, START A NEW THREAD OR PM ME DIRECTLY.

Below are links to the software release notes for the various Arcam products.

Arcam FMJ T32 Software Release Notes

Arcam AVR600 Software Release Notes

Arcam AV8 & AV9 Software Release Notes

Arcam AVR & AVP Software Release Notes

Arcam DV135 Software Release Notes

Arcam DV137 & DV139 Software Release Notes

Arcam DV88/88+/89/27/27A/78/79/29 Software Release Notes

Arcam Solo Music Software Release Notes

Arcam Solo Movie 2.1 & 5.1 Software Release Notes

Arcam Solo Movie Software Version 2.6 User Manual Addendum

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Hi all,

For those people who are perfectly happy to carry out their own software updates themselves I have uploaded all the files to my own webspace for you to access.

The use of these files to carry out any updates is done so entirely at your own risk and responsibility. Should you fail to carry out these updates correctly or successfully and the result is a unit that does not function correctly then you will be charged by your dealer and/or Arcam for labour and parts required to rectify the problem. If you are in any doubt about carrying out these procedures yourself then contact you local dealer who will be able to assist you in this matter.

Below is a direct link to the folder containing the software release notes on the software updates. These describe what changes have been implemented with each update. I suggest you read these carefully and decide for yourself if any of the changes affect you and warrant carrying out the update.

Arcam Software Release Notes

The link below will take to you to the main folder containing all of the software updates available. I suggest you read all contained instructions before carrying out any of the updates. There are two DVD player software updates, one which updates all of the recent players (135/137/139) and the Solo Movie and the other which contains updates for all older players. Each of these folders contains release notes, instructions for use and an ISO image file which can be used to create the necessary update disc. The updates for the AV8/9, AVP, AVR, DT91 and Solo Music products require both the software update itself and the necessary programming utility. You will also need a Windows PC with a serial port or USB to serial adapter and a null modem cable.

Arcam Software & Firmware Update Files

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    For those that are unsure what to download then here is a more detailed description of each of the files. To download the actual files just click on the larged zipped folder icon.

Arcam DV135, 137 & 139 Software Version 5.06 and Solo Movie 2.1 & 5.1 Software Version 2.7

This folder contains all the files required to update the software on the DV135, DV137, DV139, Solo Movie 2.1 and Solo movie 5.1. Contained within the folder is an ISO disc image file which can be used to create the software update disc required as well as instructions for its use.

Arcam DV135, 137 & 139 Software Version 5.06 and Solo Movie 2.1 and 5.1 Software version 2.7

Arcam DV137 & 139 Software Version 4.12

This folder contains all the files required to update or revert back the software on the DV137 and Dv139 to version 4.12 which may help to resolve some issues people have with the latest version, 5.06. The folder should be unzipped and all the contents of the unzipped folder, not the folder itself but just the contents, burned directly to a CD and then finalised. This is not an ISO like the other updates.

Arcam DV137 & 139 Software Version 4.12

Arcam DVD Software Version 1.81/5.26

The link below is to the 1.81/5.26 DVD software update. This folder contains all the files required to update the software on all Arcam DVD players not listed in the update above. Contained within the folder is an ISO disc image file which can be used to create the software update disc required as well as instructions for its use.

Arcam DVD Software Version 1.81/5.26

Arcam DVD Software Version 1.81/5.25

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OLDER UPDATE IS BEING PROVIDED FOR THOSE USERS WHO EXPERIENCE PICTURE DROPOUTS OVER HDMI WHEN USING THE NEWER VERSION 5.26 ABOVE

The link below is to the 1.81/5.25 DVD software update. This folder contains all the files required to update the software on all Arcam DVD players not listed in the update above. The folder should be unzipped and all the contents of the unzipped folder, not the folder itself but just the contents, burned directly to a CD and then finalised. This is not an ISO like the other updates.

Arcam DVD Software Version 1.81/5.25

Arcam DVD Drive Firmware Version LT79

The link below is to the drive fimware for the DV78,DV79, DV29 and any other older unit that uses the LT7x type of drive. Further instructions on how to identify what drive you have and what firmware version it is on are contained within the download. All instruction on how to create a firmware dics and apply the update are also contained within the instrcutions.

PLEASE FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRCUTIONS ON CREATING AND USING THE FIRMWARE DISC VERY CAREFULLY. AN INCORRECT OR FAILED APPLICATION OF THIS UPATE WILL RENDER THE DRIVE COMPLETELY USELESS AND A REPLACEMENT WILL BE REQUIRED. THIS WILL COST AROUND £230. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Arcam DVD Drive Firmware Version LT79

Arcam AVR600 Software Version 1.9

The link below is to the Software Update Files for the Arcam FMJ AVR600 receiver. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. This download also contains the required programming utility as well as all necessary instructions for use.

Arcam AVR600 Software Version 1.9

Arcam AV888 Software Version 1.9

The link below is to the Software Update Files for the Arcam FMJ AV888 processor. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. This download also contains the required programming utility as well as all necessary instructions for use.

Arcam AV888 Software Version 1.9

Arcam AV8 & AV9 Programming Utility

The link below is to the Programming Utility which is required to apply software updates to the Arcam FMJ AV8 and AV9 processors. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. You will also require the software update files which are in this link

Arcam AV8 & AV9 Programming Utility

Arcam AV8 & AV9 Software Version 5.3

The link below is to the Software Update Files for the Arcam FMJ AV8 and AV9 processors. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. You will also require the Programming utility in this link

Arcam AV8 & AV9 Software Version 5.3

Arcam AVP & AVR Programming Utility

The link below is to the Programming Utility which is required to apply software updates to the Arcam AVP and AVR products. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. You will also require the software update files which are in this link

Arcam AVP & AVR Programming Utility

Arcam AVP & AVR Software Version 3.50

The link below is to the Software Update Files for the Arcam AVP and AVR products. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. You will also require the Programming utility in this link

Arcam AVP & AVR Software Version 3.50

Arcam DT91 Programming Utility

The link below is to the Programming Utility which is required to apply software updates to the Arcam DT91 tuner. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. You will also require the software update files which are in this link

Arcam DT91 Programming Utility

Arcam DT91 Software Version 1.2

The link below is to the Software Update Files for the Arcam DT91 tuner. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. You will also require the Programming utility in this link

Arcam DT91 Software Version 1.2

Arcam FMJ T32 Software Version 1.93

The link below is to the Software Update Files for the Arcam FMJ T32 tuner. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. The programming utility and all necessary instructions are contained within the zip file.

Arcam FMJ T32 Software Version 1.93

Arcam Solo Music Programming Utility

The link below is to the Programming Utility which is required to apply software updates to the Arcam Solo Music. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. You will also require the software update files which are in this link

Arcam Solo Music Programming Utility

Arcam Solo Music Software Version 2.7

The link below is to the Software Update Files for the Arcam Solo Music. You will require a Windows PC with a serial port or a USB to serial adapter and a 9 pin null modem cable. You will also require the Programming utility in this link

Arcam Solo Music Software Version 2.7

Arcam rCube Software Version 1.0.31

The link below is to the Software Update Files for the Arcam rCube. You will require a USB Memory Stick to carry out this software update. The download contains the software update itself as well as a pdf document with instructions and release notes and a pdf addendum to the user manual.

Arcam rCube Software Version 1.0.31

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Hi all,

I am still around and have the ability to keep this page reasonably up to date.

I have now moved jobs due to the closure of my previous place of work and being made redundant.

I am no longer working as an Arcam dealer and therefore I don't have quite the same amount of professional interest in updating this page as often as previously.

However I will endeavour to still check in here every now and again and add what updates I can.

I have now added the following:

Arcam AVP & AVR Software Version 3.50 and Release Notes

Arcam FMJ T32 Software Version 1.93 and Release Notes

Arcam Solo Music Software Version 2.7 and Release Notes

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Update: Software version 4.12 for the DV137 and DV139 added for those users who are experiencing issues with version 5.06.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  6. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Arcam AVR600 Software Version 1.8 Added.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  7. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Arcam AVR600 and AV888 Software Version 1.9 Added.

8. cstorke

cstorke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't find this version on the site. I need to reflash the NET firmware to unlock the Network Setup Menu. Thanks

9. ritchief

ritchief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
  10. cstorke

cstorke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, the files there (and on AVForums) do not contain the Net code for the Arcam 600 receiver. That code is the original version and has never been updated as near as I can determine,

11. StanTheMan

StanTheMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just mail arcam support and Matt Frost will mail you the net firmware

12. Basil Plumley

Basil Plumley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +723
    Could somebody recommend me a decent USB to serial cable to use please? Want to upgrade my AVR300

Many thanks

13. J.A.B.

J.A.B.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Arcam has officially released the firmware 2.5 for AVR500/600 and AV888.

Release info:
    Version 2.5
    Major Bugs Fixed
    1. EDID rewritten for compatibility with BD sources which incorrectly read AVR EDID
    2. NET source digital input selection fixed
    3. Network source causing reboot fixed
    Minor Bugs Fixed
    1. Tuner preset selection from Zone 2

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  14. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Here is the one I use.

ABC Products® USB to 9 Pin DB9 Serial RS-232 converter convertor Adapter Adaptor Cable RS232 Lead Converter Convertor for PDA SAT NAV etc PC and MAC Supports WIN 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, MAC os V8.6~9.2 or Higher etc
    by ABC Products

Which I got https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=+USB+to+9+Pin+DB9+Serial+RS-232+converter+&x=8&y=20

15. kez

kez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,369
    can anyone recommend a null modem cable? i've ordered the above usb-serial adapter from amazon but forgot to add a null modem cable :(

16. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  17. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,101
    Hello good arcam folk....I am off to update a clients 888 tomorrow and have downloaded the 2.5 update from the link above...but it's been so long since I did an update on one fo these that I have forgotten procedure and cannot find it or any loader software (if required) on arcam site. Anyone care to help?

Gordon

18. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    1) Turn off the AVR600/888
    2) Connect the RS232 port on the AVR600 (not the iPod port) to the RS232
    port on your PC using a Null Modem (crossover) cable.
    3) Extract the files in the .zip file
    4) Start arcampudater.exe
    5) The Update File drop-down menu can be used to select the part of the unit
    to be updated. Depending on the contents of the release package, the
    options will be from the following list:
    UpdateMainUnit.inf – Updates the main micro
    UpdateDSP.int – Updates the two DSPs
    UpdateFrontPanel.inf – Update the front panel micro
    UpdateNet.inf – Updates the network card
    UpdateAll.inf – Updates all micros (main, DSP, front panel, network)
    Please see the software release package.
    Instructions will be given with the release package as to explain which
    parts need to be updated.
    Check the COM port is correct for your system. Baud rate of 115,200 should
    not be changed.
    6) Click Update.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  19. philmontpellier

philmontpellier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    i'm new in the forum and I 'm french so, sorry for my english :)
    I just bought an ARCAM DV-139 and the release of the firmare is 4.12.
    Do I need upgrade to 5.06. If yes where can I find this firmware because I've downloaded "Arcam multi upgrade" and there is only "DVD_SOLO_MOVIE_UPGRADE.ISO".
    Thanks in advance for your future answers.

Philippe

20. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    That's all you need to update your DV139. The "DVD_SOLO_MOVIE_UPGRADE.ISO" is named like that as it does the DVD players as well as the Solo Movie.

21. philmontpellier

philmontpellier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for your answer Crustiloafer :smashin:

do I really benefit from moving in version 5.06 ?

thanks

Philippe

22. BigLozGadgetMad

BigLozGadgetMad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    @Crustyloafer I wonder if your still around? or does anyone that comes across the old thread have to software to upgrade a Arcam FMJ MS250 also the way to run the disc once inserted into the CD drive? Will PM Crusty just in case. But any help on this would be greatfull as my MS250 is slowly losing functions. Please post details here or pm me. Thanks

Loz

23. avr600user

avr600user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    My avr600 is about 3 years old. it's a replacement from the first unit i bought which lasted only a month before a string of audio and video problems and the fan kept coming on every 5 minutes. just last week the replacement now has the same heat/Fan problem. i'm on ver 2.5 firmware and when i tried to upgrade to ver 2.7. it failed. I can see my computer doing the upgrade but the unit doesnt show any progress indicator. i'm using a usb- seriel adaptor with null modem cable. Computer shows the adaptor on Com port3 and enabled. I cannot get the unit to respond at all to my computer. (Win 7 64bit)
    Any tips/help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

24. BigLozGadgetMad

BigLozGadgetMad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    All I would say is try upgrading using a windows xp pc. Xp is so much more free to work with were win 7 has a lot of security. Let us know.

25. avr600user

avr600user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Loz,
    I'm not holding any hope that this is a software issue, but I have to try.
    I might be able to borrow my neighbours PC. (he's into IT)and see what happens.
    I gotta say, I'm ****** of at this. Second unit, same crap.
    cheers

26. avr600user

avr600user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTW, I had to unplug the unit tonight as the fan comes on for 10 sec then off 10 sec then fan on 10 sec contstently. All I got now is my Panasonic Blu ray to my TV (speakers) with my Tannoy Kengintons just sitting there idle. I dont have the time or the patients to chase up some Hifi repairer to fix this.
    The thing is, if this unit had "Shing Shong Audio" written on the front instead of Arcam, and I paid $299 from some back street warehouse, I would say, You get what you pay for.

27. BigLozGadgetMad

BigLozGadgetMad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Damn... this sounds bad. Not sure what to say now. Im just off to work but ill try to look at this issue a bit deeper when I get home. I have my Arcam now only accessing one german internet radio station and that doesn't even stream. It just gets worse. I need to find the part in the software that points to urls and change this for maybe the streamer my revo box uses. Anyway ill see later. Good luck.

28. mleecarter

mleecarter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, are you still looking for this? If so, please PM me... I may be able to help.

Lee

29. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Links to firmware now updated to work with new Microsoft OneDrive rebranding of SkyDrive.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  30. though

though
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    add the AVR750??