1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam - Sharp M20X n stuff

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by iankerry, Dec 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. iankerry

iankerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I don't know if anyone can put me straight or give me some advice.

I currently run 8 x SHARP M20X projectors for my project Flicks in the Sticks.

They came with a 'free' DVD player which isn't very good and as I have the money I thought I would look at some new DVD players.

I seem to be getting a good price on 8 Arcam DV88+ and I wondered about this ProgScan business.

As far as I know the 88+ can output PS - I assume only through the component cables?

As my projector has a DV input and an S-video input would I be wasting my money getting a PS capable DVD player? Or can I connect up the component cables to the DV input?

According to the spec on the projector is says "Video Circuitry = 3d Y/C circuitry and interlaced/prog scan." - though it only says component input via "Computer Input" as apposed to "Video Input".

Will PS make much difference anyhow? Would a good Tosh do the same anyhow?

Thanks for any help or advice!

Ian

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    It would seem that you can get a cable/adapter that will allow the M20X to accept a component input, through the DVI input. Contact your supplier to see if they have any idea how to get hold of it. If you do choose to go with the DV88+'s make sure you have the PJ's cablibrated properly to get the best image from them.

Good luck.:)

3. iankerry

iankerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

My 'dealer' seems eerily silent on the issue of a cable to go from component to dvi. ~ And a search on the net brought no joy.

I do have a d-sub to dvi and a component to d-sub, but of course the two d-subs are both male so I can't even test out the PJ on my Tosh 9000!

Cheers

ian

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You should be able to get an adapter for the male-male D-subs.

Is there a pin-out diagram for the DVI input when inputting component? If there is someone/cable maker should be able to make you a custom cable.