1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam Roadshow

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Crustyloafer, Oct 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    Went to the Arcam roadshow yesterday in Manchester. I saw a few (yep that's more than two) new products that are being launched soon. All of them were very nicely put together and looked beautiful. There was one new FMJ product, one new DiVA product and one new product in a category all to itself. All I can say is you guys better start saving your pennies now as you will want to spend them as soon as you see what's available.

2. BladeRnR

BladeRnR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the news. I certainly hope there wasn't a AV8 replacement there :( I guess it's going to happen at some point so might as well accept it. Do you think Arcam will offer and HDMI input for the AV8?

3. warrj

warrj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Crustyloafer,

Was the new product in a new category the Solo all-in-one system which has been discussed before?

Regards,

Jules.

4. warrj

warrj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BladeRnR,

Given Arcam's track record on AV8 upgrades (i.e. none) I'm not holding my breath. It's pretty galling that their flagship processor doesn't support all the processing options which some of their receivers do.

Regards,

Jules.

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    I won't say any more just now other than what I have already stated which is that there was one brand new DiVA product, one brand new FMJ product and one unique product not in either range of products.

6. VoltronUS

VoltronUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you saw the new product at a show, I don't think you could be faulted for letting us in on the details, or at least what the products were. The MS250 music server was shown at CEDIA in september, and pictures are on the web, but I have not seen any info on what FMJ or DIVA products were shown over the last weekend. I know BladeRnR would be sad to hear if there is an AV8 replacement because he just got his recently, but I am on the brink of buying one and would like to find out if the HDMI version is on the near horizon. Any help would be greatly appreciated from half way across the globe. :lease:

7. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    I shall keep some of you happy by saying that a replacement for the AV8 is not on the near horizon. It is approximately 6-12 months away at least. This is due to the fact that the chipsets that can upconvert from every other type of source to HDMI and do it well are not available for the moment and that a processor with HDMI switching needs to be able to overlay the OSD onto the video signal it is ouptutting and these chipsets are not in existence as yet. Arcam are holding back on this feature set so that they can get it right when they do.

8. VoltronUS

VoltronUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Crusty. Maybe I can stop obsessing on the future and just buy an AV8. Upgrades have been known to happen... :laugh:

9. warrj

warrj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

That MS250 looks like just the device I've been waiting for from Arcam. They just need to double the storage and it would hold my entire CD collection...

Regards,

Jules.

10. Jim_R

Jim_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    at least until you bought more CDs...

11. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So the MS250 is the FMJ piece of kit crustyloafer was on about, the solo is the piece of kit not falling into any category, so whats the new DiVA kit - surely not the AVR250 - which I think is already out.

I see Arcam are exhibiting at Stuff Interactive at the Novotel in London in a couple of weeks, I take it these new three items will be there (JD?). Anyway interested to see whats there. Spoke to John a few years back about a media server and it's finally here, at $4,500 it's a bit over my budget at the moment, wonder if they'll be a DiVA version of it?

12. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    It is quite probable that you can dasiy chain several servers together or link to a music database on an existing HDD on your PC. As I said I think you will be impressed when you see the full spec list..

13. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Errr.

If one was about to part with cash for a DV79 and AVR300, would one be advised to wait (New Diva item)??

Gerald. :rolleyes:

14. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    The new DiVA product is not an AV product it is a two channel product.