1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam recommend..............

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Radioactive__Man, Sep 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    What do Arcam recommend as regards a viewing device for their DV79 HDMI player Plasma/CRT/LCD/DLP ?

I simply can't make my mind up at the moment, but I know my RPTV is getting on and I am itching to replace it.

Obviously I would like to utilise the much hyped HDMI output of my player

budget £3k

2. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've never seen anything that states Arcam recommendations for display type. And it would probably not be a wise marketing decision for them to do so anyway, since users of the other types would be confused into thinking Arcam was not right for them. The Arcam DVD players will work great with any of them.

Each type has its pros and cons. I use a Samsung DLP 61" (U.S. model) and love it. Others may prefer Plasma, LCD, CRT, and so on. Pick what looks best to you, not what someone else says is right.

Dean

3. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I see what you are saying, but surely they tested the product with what was available during developement.

Maybe Mr Dawson would like to comment on this matter, I am not looking for a "we recommend A over B" statement, just additional accurate and informed data for me to digest and hopefully cut my shortlist down a bit further :)

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    As far as products I've seen Arcam using to demonstrate their products there has been the Panasonic TH42PW6 plasma display and the Sim2 Domino 20 prjector.

5. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Either of the Pioneer new Plasma's 43 or 50 inch models - i have the 50" one and it looks the dogs - but as has been previously advised make a short list and view for yourself before buying - what suits one person may not suit another.

Spike