Arcam rDock

JayBeeS3

Standard Member
Hi all!

I own a A22/Dave and have been looking for a decent Ipod dock for some time now. Cant really find a decent one until last Saturday my Arcam dealer showed me a rDock.

Looks great, apparently sounds great too, however needs a Rs232 cable to the amp.

Is there a way to connect the rDock to my A22-Dave or did Arcam just forget about all customers who own an amp WITHOUT rs232 connector?

If the latter is the case, can someone recommend an Ipod doc that comes close in quality?

Thanks in advance

Jay

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
You do not need an RS232 connection on your amp. The RS232 connection on the R-Dock is purely to allow control of the iPod from the Solo Music or Solo Movie products only.

All you need is a pair of good quality analogue interconnects to connect to your amp. You will of course need to control the iPod directly using its own controls on the unit.

JayBeeS3

Standard Member
You do not need an RS232 connection on your amp. The RS232 connection on the R-Dock is purely to allow control of the iPod from the Solo Music or Solo Movie products only.

All you need is a pair of good quality analogue interconnects to connect to your amp. You will of course need to control the iPod directly using its own controls on the unit.

Thanks,

But that would mean that I cannot use the remote.....:rolleyes:

Thats a shame...

Does anybody on the inside (Arcam) know if there will be an Ipod dock with a remote sensor in the dock so that I can use a remote to control the Ipod? and not need a RS232 cable

:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom