There is a readme and release notes in the zip file of the software download - First readme states you must be on version 323 before upgrading to 521.
Upgrade procedure from the release notes:
To update via USB (recommended):
1. Requires V323_V1.06 or later to be installed on the SA30. If required update to V323_V1.06 via the Manual Update method detailed below.
2. The USB stick should be empty and freshly formatted.
3. Unzip the file “SA30 image.zip” and copy the “image.swu” file onto a memory stick (so it is the only file on the
4. Turn on the SA30 & wait until fully started.
5. Insert the stick into the USB socket on the rear of the SA30.
6. Navigate to the System Settings > USB Update menu option and select it on the front panel until the front display
shows NET UPDATING.
7. Wait around 10 minutes for the update to complete, do NOT power off during this time.
8. Once the update has finished as indicated by Update Complete on the front panel display perform a Factory Reset
using the System Settings > Net Reset and System Settings > System Reset menu options. *
Hi thanks Salonchi, yeah I had actually stumbled across the instructions which I somehow managed to miss the first time when I downloaded the zip, Doh!!
Upgraded to V323 and then V521, hit a snag after the upgrade to V521 when the remote ceased to work before I could do Net Reset and System Reset. Fluked it by doing this manually on the buttons at front of unit, and when these steps were completed the remote is working again. Jeez should it be this hard?
After all this the upgrade had wiped the Dirac, luckily the saved version was reloaded and got it all configured again within a minute or two. Unfortunately the song I played descended into a loud distorted hiss after several minutes which was what was happening pre amp upgrade, so it looks like some further tweaking on Dirac required yet. Not sure how I'm going to get that to work without any help, so hopefully some kind soul can assist, failing that it's back to Nintronics for some advice from their Dirac guru next time he is in!!