Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Arcam personel less on this forum

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Hifi addict, Feb 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the beginning, I did not really notice, but now a few months later.....
    ever since the arcam management change was announched, we really see less and less responses from John and Andy (and the new engineer) on this forum.

Is this the new policy of Arcam, or change in forum approach of Arcam, or is it just the time of the year where there is to much to do to pay attention to this forum.

It really would be a shame as the close contact and good responses on this forum by arcam people was a very good customer relation building opportunity and gives people at least the impression that Arcam and its users are interacting and listening to each other. It always has been a positive differentiator in comparison towards other brands

Could anyone within Arcam clear up this new?? approach?

2. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I agree, questions were normally answered before within a few days of being posted by someone at arcam providing a definitive answer and helping the board as a whole. Fortunately even without their input this board seems as busy as it always has been but i certainly miss having the close contact that their presence had before. If anything it was one of the reasons why i chose arcam over a couple of other brands that i demoed and found fairly equal.

3. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    They may also just be a bit preoccupied working on getting the music server and AVP700/P1000 to market in a reasonable time.

OTOH: the mgt changes may also be the cause for whatever reason.

Dean

4. dfindlay

dfindlay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I first acquired my AVR300 I had an off-line discussion with Andy (I think) who was very attentive and responsive to my concerns. Not understanding his role with the company, I asked him whether it was appropriate to continue communicating in this manner. He told me that he was happy to respond when possible and tries to monitor the forum but travelling and other responsibilities make this impossible for extended periods of time. I assume it would be the same situation with other Arcam personnel.

5. malcolm mccabe

malcolm mccabe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy is probably swamped with working on the new kit and John is probably still counting his money...

6. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well just to settle things, Andrew just answered a question on AVR300 impedence settings in another thread.

7. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeap. I've seen it. But I would love to hear from him and/or John what keeps them so busy. It is just a real difference now and the period before the new management came on board. Would like to hear their side of the story and what we can expect in the future.

8. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Good grief.....what keeps us so busy??? Work, guys! Lots of projects, lots of travel, you know, all the usual things. Oh and we try to have some sort of home life too :)

Several of us monitor the various forums and comment when we feel the need, or refer it across to our support team behind the scenes. We always take note of what is said too. But we don't want to feel obligated to have to keep up a dialogue and hence don't host an "Official" forum anywhere.

I would add that my colleagues and I appreciate the self help attitude on here - it does seem to solve most of the problems and removes some of the burden from the rest of us. Please keep it up!

John Dawson (Arcam)

9. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi HiFI addict,

In answer to your question;
    As you are probably aware we are just launching the Solo this has kept the team extreemly busy and about half the design department was overseas for most of last month. My job role has changed and as engineering manager I do not have the time I used to have whilst waiting for CAD programs to do design checks or circuit layout processes. Also my girlfriend has moved in so and we are redecorating so I have less spare time at home as well. So you can expect to hear from me less, this has nothing to do with the managment change. I still try to read the forums regularly but getting involved in answering questions can take up alot of time which I don't have. I have noticed that more and more there are people that already know the answers to most questions on the forum so answers from me are not really needed anyway. Please remember that this is not a supported forum we just visit from time to time in our spare time, I am afraid I cannot guarantee to check this forum as work may keep me busy or out of the country for long periods.

If you really need answers to a question then please contact the customer support department, but please be patient they get alot of calls and emails and try to answer them in rotation so it may be a while before you get an answer.

Regards,
    Andrew

10. glimball

glimball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a reply from both Engineer and Andy in the last two days and have received excellent answers and suggestions previously from them and John in the past.

It would be interesting to try to get some of the multi-national manufacturers to respond in the same way ..... no chance, probably so risk-averse and worried that somebody might complain their answers / suggestions didn't work that they wear gags whenever they're not in the office / workshop / lab!

OTOH it would be a shame if, as Arcam grew, they assumed the don't care attitude or level of caution seen in most companies. I have seen this happen with small companies that supply services and goods to my organisation. This has caused me sometimes to seek out younger, smaller and hungry companies to replace them.

So ... Arcam, Johm, Andy and Engineer: well done and thanks for the responses (even if 'unofficial') ... but as you grow keep the responsive attitude and you will keep your customers. We are your best marketing and PR!

11. adesonic

adesonic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with glimball on this - try getting a multinational company to answer any quesries without their legal and PR depts having spent weeks vetting any answers first. IMHO Arcam kit and Arcam customer service are second to none - they are a "big" firm who haven't forgotten how to be small!!!!

12. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John and Andy for your responses !!!
    I guessed you would be busy, but hearing it directly from you puts my mind to easy. There was just a very noticable difference before and after......
    Also your personal lifes are ofcourse important (some guys here wondered if you still had them since you were on this forum so often :)

And yes, this forum is very helpfull to Arcam users and I try to promote it as much as I can when I meet new Arcam users. Hoping that this will lower the phonecalls to your helpdesk so we all have more time and a better product and that, in the end, is what we all want.

as writen by other people: although this is not an official forum, it's a real plus for Arcam to be able to get direct respons and input from you guys every now and then. This is what users think of as "great service" and is a differentiator from other brands.

Thanks again for the response and I can continue posting on this forum knowing that it we slip off, you will still be around to provide the latest and greatest input.

cheers
    Marcel