1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcam P85

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Mark Ranson, Nov 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Mark Ranson

Mark Ranson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know where i can pick up a new P85 in silver or reasonably new.
    Would appreciate your help !!.
    Regards
    Mark

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    Why not just buy a P90, it is just a rebadged P85, they only made changes to the A90 but not the power amp. They only changed the model number to correspond to the A90.

3. Gixxerblade

Gixxerblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Mark
    I have a silver P85 which I will sell for £325 plus postage or you can collect - I live in Sheffield. I bought the P85 earlier this year to partner ny A85 and AVR100, it is in immaculate condition. I've just done some exhaustive (for me) tests with the audio dac of the AVR100 with a digita coax. cable from a Sony RDR-GX7 compared to an analogue interconnect (QED silver spiral) from a CD72T with different amp configurations and the results surprised me. After some thought I've decided I don't need the P85 at this stage and I'm also wondering about the A85 and CD player, they may be for sale soon to. :thumbsup:

4. Mark Ranson

Mark Ranson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello There,
    Yes i am very interested and will have it if it is in immaculate condition.I live in Harlow in Essex and because of work i don`t think i would be able to come to Sheffield in the near future so a courier would be the only solution.Would it be possible to send me a picture of it.
    Regards
    Mark
    PS I already have a pretty new A85 with the new CD192 so i would only be interested in the power amp.

5. Gixxerblade

Gixxerblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Mark
    I'm in London this weekend and I'm not going home before I set off so I'll sort a piccy out for early next week.

6. Mark Ranson

Mark Ranson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply...i look forward to hearing from you next week.Have a nice weekend !!
    Regards
    Mark

7. Gixxerblade

Gixxerblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Mark
    I won't be able to get a picture of the amp sorted until I come back from holiday on December 10th. If you don't want to wait that long that's fine. I am only in Thursday night this week and I set off Thursday night for the trip to Barbados :clap: as it is celebration week for me being 39 +1. :oops:
    I recently saw Russ Andrews in Edinburgh had one on their stock list they sent me if that helps I think it was £370, if you're not sorted by the time I get back let me know.

8. Mark Ranson

Mark Ranson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Yes i`ve e-mailed Russ Andrews several times in the past 3 weeks but got no reply.If your brochure is very recent and you have contact No would you please let me know otherwise if your one is like you say i will have it when you come back.
    Regards
    Mark :thumbsup:

9. Gixxerblade

Gixxerblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Mark
    The web site says new UK number of 0845 345 1550.
    FYI I don't have the box with mine but I do have the manual and the warranty is registered with Arcam. I'll check back on the 11th and get some pictures up if you're not sorted by then.

10. Gixxerblade

Gixxerblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    PM me if you're interested.

Attached Files: