• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Arcam P7 issue - well ish....

Turtles

Established Member
I’ve recently purchased a second hand P7 (out of warranty) and I’ve found that if I turn the amplifier off then turn it on(usually 8 hours + later), after about 20 minutes, the right front channel overheats and the unit needs to be reset. After a reset I have never had an issue and when I leave the P7 on, I never have an issue.

I realise that it is 5 years old – should I be concerned – does it need a service? I could just leave it on, but the missus gets worried about the polar bears so I have to ask!

Its always the same channel and once reset, or left on, never fails.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Turtles

Established Member
52 views and not a comment, hey a 'I dunno' would be appreciated!

alexs2

Distinguished Member
There is obviously a fault,and whilst it can be made to work by resetting the unit,that's not going to be a long term answer.

The answer really was contained in your first post....a trip to the service department.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom