1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arcam p1

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by whitewolf, Mar 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. whitewolf

whitewolf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my P1 monoblock which am using with a av8 pro and kef 205 fronts only sometimes unsyns with the green light blinking for a few seconds then continous. sometimes one blinks sometimes the other monoblock. so i think its not my wire. what could be wrong . i am not using a stabilizer for power .

i read the booklet it says the green blink indicates a D.C offset fault. no clue whats a D.C. offset fault.

plus tell me this. That there is a lot of talk on the av8 and p7 why isnt anyone talking about av8 and the p1 . isnt that a much killer combo than av8 and p7

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    p1 are £1100 each for monoblocks.. so its not surprise that the P7 at £2500 gets more coverage...

3. VoltronUS

VoltronUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have any help on the problem but I agree with Matt that the AV8/P7 combination is a much more common solution than buying an AV8 and 5 or 7 P1s. The P7 is matched to the 7.1 processing on the AV8 and Arcam puts that forward as its high-end surround system. When Arcam goes to shows, however, they use 14 P1s for a 7-channel setup, so I imagine they would agree that multiple P1s offer a more killer performance than the P7.

4. flamingoboo

flamingoboo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just upgraded my systen from an AV8 and P7 to an AV8, P7 and three P1's. The difference this has made is remarkable, maybe its the P1's or maybe it is down to the fact that I am triamping my mains and biamping my centre. But I am very happy. I thought that I would be happy with just a P7 but somehow the sound just didnt seem right, now everything is much clearer, but this has come at a price, also you need to factor in the cost of stands £300, speakercable £300, interconnects £400, mains cables £800, and you can see that adding P1's has become very expensive for me!

Am I broke? Yes

Happy? VERY.

If you can strectch to it audition the P!'s over the P7, if you can't dont as you wont be happy with a P7 after listening to the P!'s.

5. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    cables dont need to be that expensive ;)